Sound Issues- Realtek Hd

Discussion in 'Software' started by JarrettAyer, Feb 16, 2010.

1. JarrettAyer

JarrettAyer Private E-2

Hey everybody,

I recently restored my computer because of a fatal error. I have most things running fine, except for sound. Ive already looked online everywhere and tried everything and cant get it to work. I really, really need some help.
    I would be most thankful.

My computer is a Gateway 838gm
    Running windows xp media center edition
    Service pack 1 upgraded to service pack 3

I have installed the drivers for realtek hd audio several times, but it never shows up in the devices (in device manager)

Please help. Ask me any questions for more info, as that's all i know to give.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks and if so by what devices?

I would and its likely the UAA driver is not being recognised correctly and/or you also have the Chipset driver missing is to do the following.

Download the Chipset Driver HERE and install it then reboot, then download and dont yet install the UAA and Audio drivers, UAA HERE and Audio HERE

then you will need to edit the Registry a little and if you are not confident in doing this as not doing it correctly can cause your PC not to work properly is to ask a friend who is.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds