Sound Problem on Acer Aspire 5000 laptop!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lianpetlover, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Lianpetlover

Lianpetlover Private E-2

I need help with my sound on my Acer Aspire 5000 laptop. Lately, my laptop's sound has been very staticy (hope I spelled that right.),it's only staticy sometimes, but most of the time there's just no sound at all. I don't have the volume muted. Could someone please help me fix this problem.

2. So you mean there is like a radio static sound when you use the speakers?

3. Lianpetlover

Lianpetlover Private E-2

Yes, the sound is exactly like a radio static sound, but it's whatever I'm listening to.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack you using? can right click My Computer/Computer and choose Properties to find out or click Start > Run and type winver and hit enter.

If you plug in some headphones is the sound still static"y" (dont think its a word but best describes your issue though and phonetically sound good)?

Laptop not been dropped reciently or how long has this static or no sound being going on for?

Could try installing/re-installing the Audio driver from HERE (unzip and run the setup file)

5. Lianpetlover

Lianpetlover Private E-2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. I'm using Microsoft Windows, and where do I find the Service Pack information if I do the Start > Run and type winver thing?

2. Yes, it doesn't help at all

3. No, it hasn't been dropped at all, and it's been going on for about a month, maybe 3 weeks.

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It's been my experience that winver does not always provide the service pack number . . . simply right click on "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista or Win7) and select "Properties". All the info needed should be right there.... please provide the Windows version (Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 7, etc) and the service pack. If no service pack is listed, that means you have no service pack (duh LOL ) or what I call "service pack zero".

. . . . and welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Did add two methods to find this info the first part of the sentence had
    It is important to know this info.

Have you changed the Windows version you used before this started to happen and also did you install any new software or update drivers, if you can remember? did not use a Driver Finder application, do some registry cleaning etc?

The route I would be advising once we know what Windows version and Service Pack you are using is to reinstall the Chipset and Audio drivers and see if that clears this up, do need to know the Service Pack if applicable to the Windows version as its important especially if you are using Windows XP as there maybe an additional file we need to install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds