Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by philadelphia, May 25, 2017.

1. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

So i have this problem with my sound device.....every time i go to use my head phones they are dead when i plug the jack into the laptop. The speakers continue to work but not the headphones. The only way i can get the headphones to work is if i right-click the speaker icon down near the clock and select "playback devices" and select the headphones as the default device. After doing this the headphones function properly.

Then, when i'm done with the headphones and pull the jack, i have no sound on the laptop speakers, which of course, i have to then go back and set them as the default device, which gets to be very annoying.

Every other laptop i've ever used, i plugged in headphones and they would mute the laptop speakers and vise versa, without having to constantly fart around with changing the devices to default status.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Home.......this was also a problem when i was running Windows 7

Any help is appreciated!!!

Toshiba Satellite
    L755D-S5106
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1607

2. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD......I WAS ABLE TO FIX MY PROBLEM......THANKS!

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It will be helpful if you tell us how you fixed the problem.

4. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Oops, sorry about that Eldon,

So, for this particular laptop model i went to Toshiba's Support Website and clicked on "Downloads and Drivers" and then selected "Audio"....... noticed that there was a driver update for my audio which was issued late last year: (Conexant Audio Driver update: 2016-09-21)

Being that my laptop is fairly old, i was surprised to see an updated audio driver.

Solved my problem.

Hope this helps others that may have a similar problem. :)

Eldon likes this.
  5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds