Sound Problems on ASROCK P67 Gen3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Emerica, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Emerica

Emerica Private E-2

Hey guys I have been trying to figure this out for quite a while now and was hoping maybe you could shed some light on it.

I bought this motherboard last year about this time and I recently got an SSD for Christmas. So I reformatted but realized I lost my mobo disk. I installed all the drivers from the website, but my on board sound no longer works.

I noticed that a lot of people say that I should have UAA in my system devices but I don't have that nor does my 'Realtek HD Audio' come up at all in device manager. So I can't even see them coming up. Everything else works fine and I checked to the BIOs to make sure it is enabled.

My Machine:

Intel i5 2500k
    560ti 2gb
    ASROCK P67 Generation3
    Windows 7

Hope someone has a clue, I have tried to fix this the past two days...

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Happy New Year my friend , you can download this to clean up the leftovers of the driver

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

you must run it in normal mode
    restart your machine
    you have to do the same thing in safe mode

after that you are able to have a clean installation :wave

3. Emerica

Emerica Private E-2

So you think I need to clean off all the realtek drivers and try to reinstall? I did try to re-reformat but it did not work.

4. falconattack

Yes you need to clean up all audio drivers before you install te new one , do you mean you are not able to format your machine ? :wave

5. Emerica

Emerica Private E-2

No, I did sucesfully reformat, twice since this issue. Both times I installed the drivers and they did not work. I will try to wipe them again this evening.

6. Emerica

Emerica Private E-2

When I use that program it doesn't even find the audio drivers at all. Even after I installed them...

7. Emerica

Emerica Private E-2

Ok found them, uninstalled all Realtek Audio drivers in safe/regular mode and reinstalled the drivers from the ASROCK website. Still does not recognize my audio.

8. falconattack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds