SoundBlaster audio card not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ziggysawdust, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

:(My Soundblaster Audigy card will not install. I reformatted Xp .When I bootup "Found new hardware appears but it's for "Multimedia Audio Controller. Audigy is not recognized. I have no IRQ conflicts or any problem like that. Is there something in the bios that needs changed?

Also I cannot install drivers for the Multimedia Audio Controller either. Any help would be appreciated.:cry

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Can you post the exact model of the Creative card? Most Audigy cards have a model number that starts with "SB"... a common model number is SB0090 and SB0350. If you can post this number, it will be much easier to offer some help. If you have to remove the card to get the number, it should be in the top right corner if you're looking at the side of the card with all the chips and stuff and the PCI pins at the bottom. On the other side, there should be a white sticker that will also have the model number as part of a longer number (like SB00907763A0091; the first 6 characters are the model number).

3. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

Thanks for the reply.;) Got the card installed.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds