Soundblaster live 5.1 speaker test software?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, May 11, 2005.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hi. My brother and I both have Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 digital soundcards. He bought his retail last year, I just bought mine OEM. When he installed his it came with sound test software that tested each speaker to make sure they were connected properly, but now he's lost the disk and my OEM version didn't come with one. Anyone know where I can get this software, or something like it, so I can check my speakers?

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

3. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

4. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Thanks, I tried this and as I thought the sound isn't right. Front left & right, center and sub all work fine, but Rear left & right play through the Front left & right speakers :confused: . I'm sure I wires them properly. The only thing I can think might be the problem is I set up the 2 speakers with longer wires as the front speakers and the 2 with shorter wires as the back speakers (I assume this should have been the other way around). Could that cause this problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds