soundcard or built in soundcard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spawndemon0, May 12, 2005.

1. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

I was wonderin which is better a built in soundcard or a bought soundcard?
    cause my mobo,a lanparty ut ,has a built in soundcard and just wonderin if my mobo has a good built in or if i need to buy a soundcard.plz tell me!!!!!!
    thnx

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

If stereo left and right is all you care about, the onboard should suit you fine. If you want 5.1 surround sound, or have some need for a higher signal to noise ratio, then you may want to buy a soundcard with better specs than the built-in

3. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Alot of top end motherboards now come with 7.1 sound built in. Wouldn't bother getting a soundcard if you have one of those, unless you want to pay over £50 for one? Depends whats onboard.

4. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

well my dad has a card that he is willn 2 give me its a creative sound blaster 16 pci 4.1 and im wondern if its better than my lanparty UT 250GB mobo?
    cause my dad just recently took this 1 out of his pc that has a duel processor server board ,matrox vid card and 3 GB of ram.So my question still is, is my mobo's sound card better than the creative sound blaster 16 pci 4.1?
    thnx

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

6. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

thnx but is there a cheap middle of the road sound card that would be good for me?

7. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Nah, the onboard sound on motherboards nowadays is very good. Unless you have some excellent speakers, you won't even notice the difference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds