soundless speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sandmanlatino, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Sandmanlatino

Sandmanlatino Private E-2

Hi. I have a major problem with my laptop speakers: "NO SOUND"... I mean nothing,except for a crackling sound once in a while. I went through microsoft mic and sound test and the level meter shows that there's sound coming out, but there isn't...:eek: I'd really appreciate the help.
    Thanks

2. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

Go to your volume control properties and be sure the mute box is not checked and slider is turned up. There should be a little speaker icon on the taskbar or go to start > programs > accessories > entertainment > volume control.

3. Sandmanlatino

Sandmanlatino Private E-2

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help. However, I tried it and still no sound. Headphones or speakers, so there must be something else wrong. if you have any other ideas, please I'd like to hear them.

4. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

What make and model laptop? Did you recently update or install anything prior to lose of sound? You could try updating sound driver or reinstalling driver. May also be that the jack has come loose or not making contact with the plug. Maybe try wiggling plug around.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds