soundmax drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by ddun55_999, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ddun55_999

ddun55_999 Private E-2

i accidently uninstalled the soundmax drivers.i wasnt familiar with it .i thoughtit was just another player like media player.had no idea it was the drivers for my sound.now i have no audio at all.where i bought the computer he said he could walk me through the process in 30min on the phone but to busy what can i do?ddun55_999:major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Maybe quicker in some respects to have gone through with the call as internet tech support could take longer, although you can do it in your own timeframe and that of the person/s helping you.

What we will need is some info about your PC as Soundmax drivers can be customised for customers as in Intel, ASUS, HP etc

3. ddun55_999

ddun55_999 Private E-2

halo here is file on my computer it does show soundmax is there still

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

Hi

Install the Chipset Driver from HERE and then reboot, then install the ADI Audio driver from HERE and reboot and then let us know if all is ok.

All your Drivers for the motherboard you have in the Intel D865GLC are HERE

5. ddun55_999

ddun55_999 Private E-2

soundmax driver install

to halo and timn i want to thankyou for helping me get my soundmax reinstalled!!! it is working great!!! great sound!!! again thankyou you guys! have a happy turkey day!! ddun55_999:major

6. DavidGP

Hey your welcome and cheers for the feedback.

sadly the UK no do Turkey day but have a goodun yourself.

7. ddun55_999

ddun55_999 Private E-2

i noticed on the everest report to get more memory can i do this or not and what i need to do ddun55_999

8. DavidGP

Hi

Yes you dont have alot of RAM at all 368mb and XP while will work (albiet slowly) with this amount of ram, at least 1GB is a good rule of thumb for XP imho.

To get the right ram I tend to use this scanner http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/index.aspx (just ordered some last weekend for my netbook from Crucial) and as you have 2 mem slots free you can bost your ram with say a 512mb or 1GB (or 2x 512mb) sticks of ram.

But if your PC is doing what you wish of it and is working fine, then save the cash and get a better newer PC later on.

9. ddun55_999

ddun55_999 Private E-2

to halo or timN i keep getting the message internet explorer is running with add ons disabled.when i go to the manage add on box they are all enabled in the box.also i keep getting i need to get latest adobe flashplayer.i cant display pictures on if i go to the cnn site or games.or it says my java script is turned off.is the addon thing preventing this? and thanks for what you guys have done next week im going to get more memory it recomends the site 512 or 2.5 g ddun55_999

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds