Sounds faint

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pozzydrive, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi, I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend, I'm afraid I do not have all of the details, when he plays a CD on his PC you can just hear the music but its extremely faint, I've tried the various volume controls, everything seems to be fine, none of the mutes are ticked and the volume is turned up high, I gave him a set of speakers that I know work and they are doing the same, I tried Nvidea troubleshooting as well and it says that in the tests everythings ok, anyone any suggestions, could it be the sound card is on its way out, I tried downloading new drivers but wasnt sure of the make of the sound card?

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

if you go into device manager and check the complete details of the soundcard then you can search for the driver at www.driverguide.com - you have to sign up for it, but its free and takes no time. also, the drivers here are usually great, never had a problem.
    it does sound like a driver problem but the soundcard could be slowly dying, who knows.
    also, try another pci slot and see if it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds