Spam Filter that works with AOL v7 (UK)

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Mar 15, 2004.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'd like a spam filter that works with AOL version 7 ( preferably UK version). I don't know how that differs from the USA version but I liked it better than the Australian version 7 so I installed UK, rather than continue with the OZ version.

The link below is a comprehensive review of 15 spam fighters that work on various ISP's and Operating systems. Only 2 work with AOL.

http://www.spamfilterreview.com/?engine=kanoodle!881&keyword=spam+stopper

The reviews may be of interest to MG users.

I had previously bought and tried MailWasher Pro (not reviewed here), but could not get it configured to work properly with AOL v7 UK despite many emails to and from MWP and much assistance from them. I bought it on the proviso that it worked. It didn't, they refunded my money, so no complaints there.

So, after all this, I am after a MG user that uses AOL and have found a program effective against spam. If it sends an "invalid address---not found" message back to the spammer so much the better. This was the prime reason I tried MWP.

If you have not had first hand experience with AOL please do not bother to reply as AOL is a special beast (not POP3, as I understand it).

Thanks, AOL users. Baz

=============================

2. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

yet another reason as to why this program is the best in the spam blocking field

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2295

this program has been discussed here at mg a couple of times and both times it has gotten the approval of its users:D

and now its on the top of the list of the review

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

AOL spam stopper

Thanks both of you guys.
    endiablado--am downloading this link as I write this.
    xflat--Communicator appears to only work with AOL 8 (broadband?). AOL7 drew a blank when I tried your link. I will check out AOL8 further after I leave MG, today. AOL8 is not released in an OZ version, I think, as yet. Will try UK version if it works on a dialup.

==============================

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds