Speaker/headphone reversal problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spartan, May 10, 2007.

1. Spartan

Spartan Guest

So I have a splitter that allows me to use speakers for when nobody's around and headphones for when they are.

The problem is that the cable that plugs into the computer from the speakers is only long enough that I am forced to put the right speaker on the left side. Is there a software program that could allow me to switch the sound output on my speakers?

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hi, Spartan

I'm glad to hear you are so socially responsible with your sound.

In answer to your question. Yes and No!. Yes but it would only work in the program concerned, not as a general channel swop, which is set in hardware. Audio editing programs such as Cubase will do it.

Can't these beneficiaries of your restraint club together to get you an extension? They are very cheap.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds