Speakers didn't come with a driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ramos12, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Ramos12

Ramos12 Private E-2

I had received a set of speakers from a relative, brand new in box. Didn't come with any sort of software, I'm assuming it's plug and play?

I plugged them in and they worked fine, until I reformatted my computer. Now I can't get any sound and don't know what kind of speakers i have, all I know is that they are from dell. Any advice?

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did you try contacting dell and ask them about your speakers?

3. Ramos12

Ramos12 Private E-2

I found out that it's called Multimedia Audio Controller....

But I don't know where to get a driver from... I tried those sites from the sticky and they all expect me to pay membership fees and junk that I don't want...

next step?

4. Ramos12

Ramos12 Private E-2

Me and my friend solved one of the problems....

The Sound Card is SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

I visited the SiS site and downloaded the folder containing the driver...

When I go to setup i get an error

I dont know what these numbers mean but It won't let me update the driver so until then I have no sound :( please help

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Please post the make [ dell, hp, gateway] and model [4700, s7600n] what ever the numbers may be, if not oem , post the name and numbers off of your mother board. ed

6. Ramos12

Ramos12 Private E-2

It's an Asus Terminator P4 533A

Motherboard is Asus P4SC-EA

7. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds