Specialized functions for media buttons?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 151henry151, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 151henry151

151henry151 Private E-2

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 with windows XP service pack 2.

My question is with regards to the "Media Buttons" found on the front of the laptop.

I did several searches both here and on google and could not find any answers, so here goes:

How would I go about assigning specific functions to these buttons? For example, I'd like to set the "play/pause/skip track/stop" buttons to perform those functions in Winamp, rather than doing nothing at all (whichever media player they originally functioned with has been removed from the laptop at this point, as I've reinstalled windows XP 3 times now).

Any assistance would be appreciated. The volume buttons adjust the main volume and appear to work fine, although they don't function the same way they did when the laptop was new (when it was new, a 'volume bar' was displayed on the screen exclusively when using these buttons to adjust the volume) presumably because I've reinstalled windows XP and lost some of the originally prepackaged software.

I'd also be interested in possibly being able to program these buttons to individual tasks such as opening a program (perhaps a browser?) or similar shortcut functionality.

Thank you!

Henry

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. 151henry151

151henry151 Private E-2

Thank you for your assistance, all issues have been resolved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds