Speedfan Temperatures Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by AtlBo, Apr 11, 2013.

1. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

I have attached a picture of my Speedfan temps on an HP DC7700 with an Intel 2.13 GHz core 2 duo processor, 4 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA NVS 290 Quadro 256 MB graphics card. Can anyone tell me what Temp1, Temp2, Temp3, and Temp4 are? Also, what is Core? Core always seems to be the same as GPU.

I'm attempting to determine which of these temperatures is the most significant as relates to the CPU...

Attached Files:

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Temp 1/2/3/4 are part of your mother boards temp.

Your Video cards temp says it is at 59c.

It seems you have two cores so a dual core cpu that runs about 45c.

HD is your hard drives.

3. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ok thanks Goldenskull. I think that's what I wanted to hear. I guess Core is the GPU core...

I am experimenting some, so the temps are up a degree or two. Doing some software science

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Just F.Y.I.: the latest SpeedFan version is 4.49; it has many improvements over earlier versions.

5. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

Try coretemp or just the Windows Task Manager to correlate which temperatures change with CPU activity.
    I think that you can assign your own names for the labels in Speedfan once you are certain of what they are.

Dumb_Question
    30.July.2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds