speeding my download

Discussion in 'Software' started by arnie4, Jan 15, 2007.

1. arnie4

arnie4 Private First Class

hey all does anybody know ,if its possible to speed up my download speed . hope that makes sense hehe. i know how to download and everything ,just seems really slow downloading. any help would be gratefully received thanks all who answer :)

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

3. arnie4

ive got 4 meg broadband thats all and i use bittornado thanks for you help though

4. arnie4

thanks ive got 4mg broadband through cable , i use bittornado to . thanks for your help

5. marvelljones

marvelljones Private E-2

Check for an alternate download site. I have a DSL connection that sometimes seems to crawl (well it does compared to yours) during downloads on certain sites. If you can find an alternate download site, preferably one closer to your location, that should help. If that does not help, then keep trying different servers. I have run across the rare instance that a server in Italy is running faster than the one next door to me in Minnesota (I'm in Wisconsin).

Oh, and if you are using any version of Windows, check to make sure you are not being slowed down by Window's default settings. Check various tweaking websites to find the solution that works best for you. Then it's trial and error (hopefully no critical errors) to see what works best. Then write down the settings you use (a .txt file works too) since many programs (most of them from Microsoft) seem to reset things to defaults. Best of luck.

6. arnie4

thanks alot m8 will give it a try see what happens , laters m8 :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds