"Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working"

Discussion in 'Software' started by FighterJetMom, Jan 6, 2009.

1. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Got no clue where to post this.

Vista Business machine SP 1 with all patches.

HP LJ 1022.

I get the above message. I have downloaded all appropriate drivers for the printer, tried restarting the print spooler, have it set to automatic, have set the Recovery tab to restart the service in the Administrative Tools section, have selected LPD and LPR printing and deselected Internet printing client.

I'm running out of options and I really need to use my printer.

Now what?

FJM

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

The only thing that I can find is it might be a conflict with another prior installed HP product and a clean install might help. Uninstall, use CCleaner to clean files and registry, then try again.

Link to CCleaner if you need it http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

3. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

I did notice that the problem started after I installed a second (portable) printer for use when I was travelling, so you may be on to something. I'm not convinced that an uninstall is the solution, but then my own ideas haven't panned out so well. rolleyes I'll try this in the morning.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds