Spot the differance!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UKARMYCADET, Aug 12, 2005.

1. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

ok i have been looking around on the internet and i may also be building a new computer. so two questions have sprung to mind because of this.

question 1: in the new mobo i have got (and thats all i have) it is a amd prosessor. but in the computer i currently have it is a intel (celeron) prosessor.

both are the same speed 2.8 ghz (but the new mobo kiks a$$,(GA7-VRXP with game's heatsink + fan :p .) so what is the differance there must be one, or one of the companies will have gone out of buissness.

question 2: i currently have a Nvidia (geforce 5200) graphics card in the pc i have. but as i was looking on Ebay© i saw there are also a number of grapgics cards called Ati (ie: radeon 9600.) so what is the differance between Nvidia cards and Ati cards again there must be one differance or one of the companies will be out of buissness.

thanks in advance UKARMYCADET

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

Which amd processor do you have?

3. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

no i want to know the differance between amd and intel in general

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

I don't know all the in and outs of chip design. As I understand AMD core design is different from Intel in that the a chip from both with a rated clock speed of 2.8Ghz the AMD apparent clock speeds would be much higher. Without overclocking the Intel chip will not run faster than 2.8Ghz; while the AMD would perform similar to say a 3.4Ghz Intel processor.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Do some some searches in the forums,these questions has been argued since the beginning of time,price for price Nvidia and ATI are neck and neck,cpu wise,Intel for production,encoding ect,Amd for gaming,its as simple as that. ;)

6. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

thank you both, and rikky you have made my day as the new mobo is amd and that is JUST what i want as i am building a gaming computer.

thanks again. UKARMYCADET

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you need help with building this gaming computer, feel free to post before you buy your components! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds