spotify online music

Discussion in 'Software' started by utgeek, Nov 18, 2009.

1. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

i have been using this spotify for a long time now love it but wondering if there is a way to download mp3's from the free version of it i would like to try some of the tracks on my mp4 player before i buy the albums
    is there any way to do this ????? :confused
    thanks for any help

2. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

iv been told Audacity works but its a recorder just to much hassle u end up missing start of tracks etc

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dont wish to get into the legalities of this but likely downloading to your HDD tracks from Spotify contravenes the T&C of Spotify, what I would suggest is that many of the artists own websites do offer sample tracks and download one of them if available to test on your MP4 player but MP3s dont sound much different at all from what you hear on your PC to what a media player sounds like, I'm an audiophile and I cannot tell the difference, only the headphones make a difference to me, so i sound quality is paramount get a good set of headphones.

I use BOSE ones.

4. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

legality shouldn't matter due to just trying songs out before purchasing the albums , iv tryed looking at groups/singers sites for samples but none have any and would prefer to be able to do this with spotify due to them having a huge collection of music i like unlike other ways of downloading them eg torrents etc
    btw i use Klipsch s4 with my mid range Phillips mp4, bass/sound quality is incredible with these headphones lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds