Sprint Card driver won't download...

Discussion in 'Software' started by grandclass4, Feb 18, 2008.

1. grandclass4

grandclass4 Private E-2

My sprint card PX500 driver will not install. Please help:cry

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

What operating system are you using? Is this from the Sprint CD or is it a downloaded file? What errors (if any) do you get? What EXACTLY happens when you try to install the driver? Usually, with those type of devices, you have to install the software/driver first, then insert the device when prompted to, or after rebooting the PC. But without more details of your situation, we can't do much. Just saying that "my driver won't install" doesn't help us to help you....

3. grandclass4

grandclass4 Private E-2

I am using Vista. it is from the sprint cd. I don't get any errors, It just won't connect and then if i look under "problem and solutions" it says "install driver sprint px500" and when i click to install.. it goes through the whole process and says installation successful. and still doesn't connect and still says install driver px500 all over again.....

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Remove the device from the PC and uninstall the software from the PC. Then reboot. After Windows has loaded up again, visit this link, and download the file: http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/support/downloads/details.jsp When the download finishes, launch the file by double-clicking on it. DO NOT put the device in your PC until prompted to do so. Follow any on-screen directions. If you're prompted to install the device, do so exactly as it says to. If it doesn't say to, just finish the software install, and reboot the PC when finished without the device being installed in the PC. When Windows loads up again, wait a little bit to make sure that the Sprint software doesn't continue installing. At this point, you can either try to install the device, or launch the Connection Manager first, then install the device. Try these steps and let us know how it goes... if you need more help, we'll give it a shot ;)
    Good luck!
    ...and Welcome to MajorGeeks! :major

5. grandclass4

grandclass4 Private E-2

I followed your steps.. removing the sprint card.. then tried to uninstall and a "shut down error comes up" it says "Failure shutting down PWIUtilSvc.exe. Result code: -1. Exit Code:2"

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Sorry... I'm out of ideas. You may need to contact Sprint support or go to the place of purchase. It is possible that the device has a problem. It could also be an issue with your PC's chipset drivers. Visit your PC makers web site and download and install current chipset software. Sometimes when you already have a driver installed and the original CD is inserted, it will give you the option to remove the driver already installed on the PC. Try this with your Sprint CD to see if it will remove the current software. If it does, try my steps above again, otherwise, Sprint support may be the only route left... sorry.... I tried :(
    I tried various searches for the error message you posted above and got ZERO hits...nothing, zip, zilch, nada....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds