spybot causing problems?

Discussion in 'Software' started by salemhaven, Mar 23, 2014.

1. salemhaven

salemhaven Private E-2

so i was on my PC yesterday and all of a sudden in completely shut down one time i was not running spybot at that time just my normal program...then the 2nd time i was scanning with spybot and it turned completely off on me when i tried to repower it on it would stay on for like 5 seconds or so...then after 10 mins it would finally turn bk on....i tried reformatting it wasnt having it says i need a media disc and some files arent found etc....so after an entire day of working on this into the nite i finally got all of the windows 8 updates to install and then the upgrade to 8.1 as well..today i uninstalled spybot i know it is well known and all but now i am sketchy about it and i have been using it for yrs...i use AVG malwayrebytes and cc cleaner...just want to hear your opinions would appreciate it much ty for your time!:)

sal:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds