1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyware removal, virus detection, hardware support, network support, linux

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jpaulwhite, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Hi all,
    Just saying hello. I wanted to register on here in case I need some help with a tough issue or if something I am knowledgeable about can help another user. I have been working in Help Desk support for over 10 years, and I have included my specialties in the title. Looking forward to meeting some new friends :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs :)

Jump in when you can.

Just a fyi...I see you have malware experience. You won't be able to post in there unless you have a problem yourself that you need help with. There are only a few authorized experts who are allowed to assist with malware issues.
  3. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

No problem. I do have experience with SpyWare but I do need to polish it up a bit. As a matter of fact I have a computer that I will be cleaning shortly. Ill be sure to read the FAQs and most likely I will be posting a log in that forum once I get to that point. Back when I was removing SpyWare we used HJT, SpyBot, some BHO program, and believe it or not AVG Anti-Spyware. I am thinking the general process remains the same, just the tools may have changed.

Thanks for the reply too!
  4. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Hi there. Just wondering...do I have to click a button to have my signature displayed?
  5. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Thanks! I do see it displaying now. i don't know what I was looking at earlier
  6. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Ok. When I submitted the above thread, I could see my sig. but now I DONT see it. weird...
  7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

User CP > Under 'Settings and Options' > Edit Options > Scroll down to Thread Display Options and make sure 'Show Signatures' is checked
  8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..