sreensaver stopped by OS Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by siryet, Mar 5, 2009.

1. siryet

siryet Private E-2

My screensaver stopped working or was stopped by windows vista home premium and the announcement said no solution for fixing it.

I remembered hearing that this type of situation could mean the beginning of hard drive problems.

Is that a possibility?

Thank you.

Dell inspiron 531
    320 gb HDD
    1GB Ram
    Windows home premium (Junk)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this screensaver one of the default built in Windows Vista ones or a 3rd party one? if 3rd party installed one then please name what its called and where you got it from and possibly uninstall it to remove the issue.

If you go into Event Viewer in Vista, look in Windows Logs > Application as well as System for any error messages aroudn the time the Screensaver stopped.

*most and majority of issues in Vista are caused by a 3rd party application thats poorly programmed and not the OS itself, so if the screensaver is one of the default ones, then try to remember what new software you have added or what settings you have changed just before this happened.

As for HD, then you could run a test on it HD Tune and click Error Scan and Start (dont click quick) this is a simple easy scan of the HD sectors for errors and if you wish to go more indepth then try the maker of the hard drives diagnostic application, most are found here but if you dont know which one to use, please tell us the maker of hard drive used in the Dell.

3. siryet

siryet Private E-2

Thank you very much for the info. I got the screensaver working again. It is a montage of my personal pics.

I will check HD as suggested.

Again thank you and enjoy life.:)
    Dennis

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds