SSD Hybrid drive installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by durkinjt, Jan 4, 2015.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Just purchased a Western hybrid ssd drive (WD-10S12X), and cannot get the computer to recognize it. I have a fairly new Lenovo with a 2.5 built in drive that works great with my 125G SSD Drive.I also have a USB adapter and a separate Power/USB hookup that works fine with my SSD. None work in recognizing this drive. Now before I return it, I would like any of you Pro's if you have any ideas as to a mistake on my part, as I have never used a SSD/Hybrid drive before. T.I.A. P.S. I did download a installation driver from Western, and when I went to install, it did not find the drive.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Had similar problems. Did you check fro a motherboard update (BIOS update)? Did you enter the BIOS to see if it is recognized there?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds