Stack overflow at line XXX

Discussion in 'Software' started by pdexter46, Oct 31, 2011.

1. pdexter46

pdexter46 Private E-2

I am a basic computer user and not very knowledgeable about software problems. I am therefore very cautious about fixes such as Registry Cleaners etc. I do research reviews and realise that many are designed to "Sell" you what they are raving about.
    So while I'm using Facebook I keep getting a notice about "stack overflow at line 36". I research what I can find and it all leads to downloading one of a thousand Registry Cleaners. I research for reviews on Registry Cleaners but don't really want to use one if at all avoidable. Then I think, what the heck, I will do a restart and see what happens. Guess what... No more Stack Overflow warnings!! I am beginning to get smarter by doing the basic things first.
    Next topic; When our computers at work have major problems we call our computer service. They charge us two or three hundred dollars and the problem gets fixed. These are stand alone PCs with only one linked program in common. That program is called "Market Sharp" which is a buisness software whereby we can access our customer listings, add data to any entry, set appointments, next actions by date, use an appointment calendar and more.
    After the last appointment with our computer service I noticed an Icon on my desktop called "Combo Fix" by "Bleeping Computer.com". It is a very powerfull FREE software download. It is fairly fast and very powerfull and has it's warnings to first ask for assistance if you have doubts or don't know what you are doing.
    I looked up "Combo Fix" on the Internet and found the one by "Bleeping Computer. Com, installed and ran it and a white page comes up after the run an shows it's findings, creates a restore point and fixes any problems.
    It IS what our computer repair services charges good money for and it's FREE!! I have used it twice at work and it removes maleware that is missed by Malewarebytes, Avast, Adaware and a couple of others. The system always runs like new and I have never had a problem using it. After using "Combo Fix" I create a restore point. I also create a restore point once a month when the system is running good as a procaution.
    Here is the link to Combo Fix by Bleepingcomputer.com.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix#intro

If you have used it I would like to hear your thoughts or comments on it.

New guy, Pieter K.

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

subs, good program. It isn't a fix all but can get you to a point where other tools and common sense can be used. Would be nice on a live CD . Some folks run it in safe mode, and firewall and anti-virus should be disabled. Will install Recovery Console with XP if an online connection is available, which I do with reservations...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds