Standard PCI Graphics Adapter

Discussion in 'Software' started by Livingston, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Livingston

Livingston Private E-2

Greetings,

Having a few problems and I was referred to here by a couple friends, so I'm hoping you can help.

My computer knowledge is around the level that normal people consider me to be a computer genius (doesn't take much), where as those who truly are would wonder how I even managed to install my OS.

So basically when it comes to my own computer, I know quite a bit about it and can manage to do or find whatever I need for it. But when it comes to doing something with another computer I'm near hopeless.

I have a very simple problem. I'm using someone else's old computer. It has Windows 98 second edition installed. The video display only allows 16 colors and I can't change the res from 640 x 480. I know that all I need to do is install some graphics drivers, but I'm not sure where to find them, or which ones I need.

The computer is the following:

Genuine Intel
    x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4

OS is

Windows 98
    Second Edition
    4.10.2222 A

Also it doesn't have net access.

My other problem is that I have no idea what motherboard she has in it. She's not computer savvy, so she wouldn't have upgraded anything or switched anything out. Is there by chance a standard motherboard that came with this system? She's in Australia by the way if that makes a difference. I know that I could look inside, but I'm not sure exactly where to look and it would be a lot easier if I could show up with the driver instead of having to go there, figure out what motherboard it is, come back, get it, then go back and install.

So I guess what I really need to know is if there is some program I could use to find what motherboard she has, and once I know, where I could go to get the video drivers for it. I tried searching on Intel’s site, but that was a lost cause...

I'm not sure if you need any more information, just let me know if you do.

I really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Livingston

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

3. Livingston

Livingston Private E-2

4. Livingston

Livingston Private E-2

Nevermind. Got it. Thanks guys.
    ^_^

Livingston

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds