Star Downloader problem ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoeN, Sep 6, 2004.

1. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Win. 98SE sys., been using Star Downloader about 6 mo., has been fine, tried today to download from MG and Star Downloader would not kick in, tried different site and same thing, can't think of anything I've done to cause this to happen, don't mind uninstalling and reinstalling, just wondering if anybody else may have experienced this -

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Hi Joe, I use W98SE, but do not use Star Downloader. May I suggest that you try

Leechget http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1821

Free. Leechget was rated as best in a review in a Mag that I trust. Try it.
    Also un-install and re-install Star Downloader and compare them. Bazza

===

3. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Bigbazza - what browser # are you running??? I use 5.5, can't make 6.0 work, I believe Leechget only works with 6.0 - let me know if I'm wrong on that - thanks for the reply

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

JoeN, I'm using IE 6. I just checked leechget home site and the MG link.

Leechget home site http://www.leechget.net/en/

No mention on either, that you have to have IE6 loaded. Did you try and run it with IE5.5?

As for not being able to get IE 6 working. Why don't you start a new thread detailing your problem and the MG folks should be able to help. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds