"Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2" for PSP?

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Dec 4, 2010.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Can anyone tell me if this --> "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2" for PSP, is available?

My son has said he would like it for Christmas, but I only seem to be able to find it for other gaming consoles......

Thanks in advance!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Glenn

Saldy IIRC this was cancelled for the PSP version, so it wont be available. Found a link HERE to the story I remember.

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hi David, if I understand the article, it's saying this game was never released at all (in PSP format) - so that I wouldn't even be able to find one used/2nd-hand - ?

Thanks again, and in advance...

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok, please allow me to modify this question, if I may (or should I start a new thread? ~~ I'm often not quite sure of the best course here, with something such as this) ...

Would anyone be so kind, and be able to tell me if there would be any difference in this game, between the PS3 (PS-"Three") version, and the "PC" version, please?

In other words, the PC-version is simply popped-into the CD drive, as opposed to the PS3-version which is popped-into the PS3 console, correct?

Thanks again,
    glenn...

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

To be honest, after years of PC gaming I've developed the habit of not ever expecting it to be that easy. ;)

Typically, you pop in the disc, you start the install, somewhere along the way you cuss out the stupid DRM method that keeps interfering with your legit copy, that you know the pirates won't have to deal with, and after installing you keep the disc in the drive for CD/DVD-check purposes, since most
    PC games refuse to run without the disc in the drive.

There's a sticky near the top of this forum with some "basics" for PC gaming if you're interested. If you have any questions about it, just make a new thread for that and I, or someone else, will be able to answer them. :)

6. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thanks - glad I asked - even "gladder" that you replied!

I'm always SUCH an optimist (albeit, a naive' optimist) - that is, until I'm not.

I'll take a peek at the sticky - thanks again...

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Computers are very complex machines... a game developed for a PS3 is easily optimized for the hardware it has to work with. A game developed for PC has to be able to run smoothly on a large number of different hardware combinations, mildly put, and that makes it harder to program for. Add in the different versions of Windows, and the different versions of DirectX that comes with them, and then you have the nuisance of your antivirus and firewall, and... Well, it's in the sticky. ;)

If you have questions about it when you're done reading I suggest making a new thread. That'll make it easier to find and keep things more neat and ordered. :)

8. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you again, ma'am - will do...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds