Starcraft and zonealarm

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pav7300, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Pav7300

Pav7300 Private E-2

Those two just dont work together. Anytime i have zonealarm on and the starcraft CD in, sometimes the computer will just freeze until i either deactivate zonealarm or starcraft. This never happened before until just recently.

I am running the latest updates for both. And i put anything that is starcraft in the zonealarm program protection as level 3(trusted).

I am using windows XP.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Are you referring to play online, or on a LAN? Starcraft does not use the typical TCP/IP communication protocol while playing on a local network, rather, it uses Netware's protocol, IPX/SPX. This presents a whole slew of new ports and packet types to pass through your firewall.

If you were to follow this link, you would be directed to a page where you can download the user guide for Zone Alarm (assuming you're using the free version - look around for others), which will tell you how to configure your firewall to allow Starcraft to work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds