Starcraft/Brood War

Discussion in 'Software' started by Max Powerz, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Anyone here still play it? I'm surprised so many people are on bnet playing it. It didn't ge tthe best reviews when it came out but now it's a classic! The 3 races are so different, whenever you get bored you can just swich your race and your no longer bored. Starcraft is a MUCH better game then Warcraft 3 in my opinion, could use a grapical overhaul tho ;)

2. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Super clasic.
    Haven't played it in a while.
    Great game, I think I'll have a go at it again, as I never did get to the end. Other games and such you know.

3. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Oh yea you gotta beat it, storyline kicks ass too, but the multiplayer keeps it goin. Haha, Zerg win :)

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

always liked the 'toss more than the Zerg although when you're playing BW the Zerg do have a lot of early game advantages, however, if you can survive the first 5 - 10 minutes when you're 'toss you've got the advantage as the toss units in the later game are stronger when used wisely :)

yea... I used to play it a damn lot :D

5. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Yea, terran have some good defensive stuff, toss are good, but you sorta get stuck in the middle waiting for your air mass, zerg are good if you can mass well but arnt as good in later game. It's still pretty balanced tho.

6. rezuth

rezuth Private E-2

I still play Starcraft, it is atleast in my opion the best strategy game ever :)

7. kefka

kefka Private E-2

I lost my cdkey for starcraft but i have the 1.0 orginal cd why dont they put the key right on the damn cd instead of the case

8. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Man, it's not that hard to find a SC cd-key, I can hook you up if you want :rolleyes: PM me.

9. rezuth

rezuth Private E-2

Ooo... Ilegal stuff on the board :)

10. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Private First Class

I just re-installed it on my PC today...it's a classic! I spent WAY too much time playing this game (and Q3 heh) back in college. Ah, fun times. :)

11. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

And SC runs GREAT on my old P3 733 / VooDoo 5500 systems.
    I have two of those old boxes set up just for "drop in" LAN partys.
    We have our favorite custom maps for 4 to 8 players.

Last played SC on Saturday for 4 hours.

When is SC2 coming out?

12. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Don't know about SC2 but you can try Atrox http://www.atrox.co.uk/ seems to be a StarCraft clone - even has three races almost the same!

13. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Private First Class

Well, I think I last heard that SC 2 is still in the "TBA" stage, as far as Blizzard is concerned - they chose to go the console route with Starcraft: Ghost (looks decent, but is a FPS):

http://www.scraftghost.net/

You can DL some of the sample video footage below:

http://www.scraftghost.net/page.php?p=14

I loved watching the "Arclite Siege Tank Calldown Gameplay Movie."
    Called in a strike from the Seige Tank...heh, gotta love the art of "spotting." :)

14. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Would it be so hard for them to port that game to PC? I'm sure they will eventually. Either that or we'll all just end up playen it with emulators.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds