Starsiege: Tribes super admin controls

Discussion in 'Software' started by airwolf9090, Nov 18, 2004.

1. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

title says it all i am a super admin and i was wondering whats the super admin controls/commands i know the ones useing the tab but what are the ones when you hit ~ like this one where it throws the player across the map and kills him

2. Pilky

Pilky Private E-2

I know a few commands in the command console but i'v never heard of throwing a player across the map, what server are you admin for?

3. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

a paintball server slacks paintball server and whats the name of the chat program that lets to talk on the servers without being in the game?

4. Pilky

Pilky Private E-2

Paintball sucks play base - haha just messin with ya ;)

The chat program you speak of is cold EZConsole.

5. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

what are the commands you know? i am new to the admin system in tribes

6. Pilky

Pilky Private E-2

I don't know maybe but here are the ones i know:

The obvious to log into as admin is: sad(yourpasswordhere);

To put a password on your server: sadsetpassword(yourpasswordhere);

And to remove it just put: sadsetpassword( );

7. Rovero

Rovero Private E-2

We have been having problems all day with this .bmp clan. Their names cause all kinds of graphics glitches and it is getting tiring kicking them by vote. Is it possible for someone to come in and ban them?

-Thanks

[FX]Rovero

8. Pilky

Pilky Private E-2

I'v noticed these names around. Explain what these glitches do more in detail. I'll find out more about them also for you.

9. Rovero

Rovero Private E-2

To tell you the truth, I don't know how they do it. What happens is images will randomly appear. Today I saw the chaingun bitmap, a needlefir type plant. I saw bomb images next to names. When they do this, they initiate votes and you see images for whatever they are named. Like bplasma.bmp and you see a plasma image in the vote screen. When you vote to ban them, the ban vote screen has whatever image they named themselves after.

10. Maxi

Maxi Private E-2

Its an old hack. Dont worry its not a vulnerability. What they do is thier name is a bitmap image that tribes recognizes. When tribes does recognize the image it wants to display it (dont ask me why, ask the Starsiege coders!).

I tried it out today to make sure there wasnt any toying with my client, so it affects everybody and is a natural glitch in tribes.

M2

11. Rovero

Rovero Private E-2

Thanks M2, sorry I was mocking your pending Admin status. I was just irritated with the crap going on in MG server today. so much Tking and exploits sigh.

12. Maxi

Maxi Private E-2

Its all good bro.

13. Pilky

Pilky Private E-2

Maxi were you admin of USR server?

14. Maxi

Maxi Private E-2

Yes.

I remember you :)

15. posr

posr Private E-2

All I can say is LOL :)

First off, you prol shouldnt have admin to begin with. Second, super admin is a title for the admin controls you can perform from in game. You can see what those are by bringing up your player info window, hitting tab. Third, you wont be able to talk to anyone any game without have telnet access to the server. If you have telnet access to the server, theres another telnet program called tricon. Similar to ezconsole, but has some options called fun, where you can change peoples armor/weapons/throw someone across the screen, etc... But those commands/options are ONLY available through a telnet connect. You can not perform these from the console unless you are physically hosting the server you are connected on. For example, if you go to host game, and host a server that way, you can type giveall(); theres some other things you can do as well. Again tho, if you have super admin status, thats just a admin level thats been scripted in the mod.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds