Start button, task bar, and the side bar stuck in classic mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by WIdgetWilson, Feb 18, 2008.

1. WIdgetWilson

WIdgetWilson Private E-2

I am helping a friend by setting up her new computer which has the WONDERFUL (full of sarcasm) Vista operating system. It was a floor model and I wanted to do a couple of scans in safe mode. After I rebooted, the start button, the task bar, and the side bar had changed to the classic version. I went to the Start Menu tab in the task bar and startup menu. The Start Menu button was checked. I switched it to Classic View to see if there was a glitch and then switched it back and nothing changed. I can't find anything in the help menu or online, so I thought I would post here. Any ideas?

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Vista?!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you tried system restore to a point before the scan?

3. WIdgetWilson

WIdgetWilson Private E-2

I ran Spybot and Adaware. Neither found anything and no changes were made by me during or after the scan before reboot.

I did not do a system restore at that time and now I have spent too much time loading programs while searching for a solution to the problem. I'm not willing to start over again just so the desktop will look "right."

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds