Start menu and all icons dissappearing

Discussion in 'Software' started by tidalwarrior, Nov 19, 2010.

1. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

At first everything is there but as I mouseover items everything starts dissappearing. When I press the ctrl-alt-del combo and error pops up with no text in it. I've ran virus scan, defrag, scandisk, and still run into the same issue. The start menu dissappears and sometimes it looks blurred.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, tidalwarrior.

Need to know your operating system and service pack #, make and model # of your machine, etc.

Frankly, though, this sounds like malware. I'd strongly suggest following the steps listed in the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First and attach the requested logs to a new thread in that forum just to make sure this is not an infection issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds