start menu search, task manager have been blocked

Discussion in 'Software' started by Twin9, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Twin9

Twin9 Private E-2

I downloaded from blinder.org an application that had some sort of 3-D feature someone told me about. It downloaded, but after I hit "run" it froze. Not just that, but it blocked task manager and blocked me from typing in my start menu search for key terms that might solve this issue such as uninstall or system restore or whatever else I wanted, to remove blinder. I am able to search the internet but I can't get rid of the grey download window. If I shut my computer down, the grey download window (or run/download thing) remains on my computer. Further, when I start my computer I am also blocked from putting it in safe mode since my laptop is shutting down as if to go into sleep mode. I restart my computer and there it is again on my desktop. Also, my anti-malware icon as well as everything else on my desk top will not open. I will try to attach a snippet of the grey downloader.

Attached Files:

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Have you tried to open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and stop the process from running, if that is not an option then try this.....

Try totally powering down your laptop, remove the battery and press and hold the start up button for at least 1 minute, leave your battery out and power up off the power adapter, boot into safemode and do a system restore, once you have full control of your windows run the READ & RUN ME FIRST here......

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

iain.t :major

3. Twin9

Twin9 Private E-2

iain.t,

I was able to figure out how to call up the task manager by right clicking on a task bar at the bottom of my screen. It successfully removed the grey downloader window. However, I could not use system restore nor could I shut down the computer. Before I do what you suggested, what consequences will come about by removing my laptop battery?

--Twin9

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Try the malware removal procedures.

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

No damage will result from removing the laptop battery. A "hard shutdown" by removing the battery and holding the power button won't do any damage with the state your OS is currently in. You definitely need to get into Safe Mode using this procedure, and head over to the Malware Removal forum and complete the Read & Run Me First THOROUGHLY, including starting a thread and posting the logs in the Malware section.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds