start up in normal mode=frozen screen.

Discussion in 'Software' started by foghornleghorn, Jul 9, 2010.

1. foghornleghorn

foghornleghorn Private E-2

Hi all!

I started in the Malware forum and after they reviewed my logs they sent me here.

I have a HP Pavilion Elite
    64 bit
    intelcore 2 quad
    750GB

When I start up in normal mode my desktop loads and my mouse moves but
    the screen is frozen.

I have No problem in safe mode.

When I ran a Kaspersky full scan it got to 92% complete and then blue screened (I don't remember what it said)

I followed the read&run me directions and have the logs for that process--which the Malware folks said look clear.

All I have done since this started is attempted to run Kaspersky and followed read&run me. No new software has recently been installed.

I can't do a system restore because I have no saved restore points:cry
    (Inexperienced computer user)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Just a little FYI, my computer experience is... point and click so talk slow ;)

Thanks

2. ScoobySnack

ScoobySnack Private First Class

It sounds like Kaspersky may have fouled something up during the scan that does not load when you boot into safe mode. You could try using your os installation cd to repair any windows files that may need it- just pop it in and follow the relevant prompts to repair. You might also try disabling all nonessential startup programs from safe mode using Startup CPL and then booting into regular windows.

Are you able to do anything at all after windows has loaded besides moving the mouse?... can you open task manager?

For future reference, How to Disable and Enable System Restore Points

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds