Starting a program in high priority.

Discussion in 'Software' started by cabbiinc, Jun 21, 2011.

1. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

I've seen the thread on how to write a batch file to start a program in high priority mode http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52453 but is there anything you can do for a program that launches a launching program? I have one of those MagicJacks and occasionally it will have poor call quality. If I manually upgrade it's priority to High I don't have any problems. The problem with the batch file solution is that MagicJack's start program launches the real program and a few others before it connects and everything settles down.

For now I'm changing the priority manually, but if the kid has to restart the computer or whatever else may happen I want the problem to not exist in the first place.

TIA
    Dan

2. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Oops, never mind. I changed the starting program from the launcher to the actual MagicJack.exe itself and it works just fine. Thanks for looking though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds