Starting one program also starts another??

Discussion in 'Software' started by beemer737, Sep 28, 2007.

1. beemer737

beemer737 Private E-2

Hello, I have a problem where when I click to start a program, another program also starts/starts to install.

This problem started before a recent malware issue, which has since been fixed by you guys, thanks again, but the second program starting/installing when the first is opened remains.

The first program is a work related program for sorting work schedules, called Moostro. The second one which starts and starts to install when the first is started is called Roxio Easy Media Creator 9.

Roxio when is started by the Moostro program, it does not fully start, it opens a small window saying "Please wait while windows configures roxio media creator 9" and hangs at this point, it does allow me to cancel out, so I do, and Moostro works fine, and Roxio stops loading...

Roxio was the second and recent install on my computer, it seemed to work fine for a few months then bam... I will say I have System Mechanic 7, maybe it did this?
    No other program combinations do this.

I have emailed each companys help desk, no response to numerous requests...

I'm lost, any ideas?

2. beemer737

beemer737 Private E-2

Bump. Anyone ??

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'd find the Folder that Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 is trying to install into.
    I'd right click that folder and delete it.

Run something like CCleaner and /or Advanced Windows Care to clean out any stuff left behind.

Then I'd download a fresh copy of Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 if you still want to use it.

CCleaner Slim (No Toolbar) 2.01.507 at
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

Advanced WindowsCare v2 Personal 2.5.5 at
    http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_WindowsCare_v2_Personal_d4991.html

Let us know how you go. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds