Startup Control Panel 2.8

Discussion in 'Software' started by LauraR, Sep 10, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I just updated iTunes and as always, went in to stop that and Quicktime from starting up on Boot.

There are two instances of both, plus another program.

It will not allow me to check any of the duplicate items. The message that pops up is:

There is already an enabled/disabled item with the same name. Please rename either the enabled or disabled item.

I've attached a screen shot of the control panel.

Why are there duplicates?
    How do I rename them? confused

Attached Files:

2. Groinsh0t

Groinsh0t Private E-2

Not sure as to how to answer your questions, but if you have CCleaner installed it should do the trick too. If not, go into msconfig, and under the startup tab see are there dupes there too, if tghere is, disable and delete one, reboot and see if your startup control panel picks it up then

3. LauraR

Hi

Thanks, but I'm using a startup program because you should Not use msconfig to manage startups. Ccleaner accesses msconfig for theirs.

4. Groinsh0t

Groinsh0t Private E-2

I know you shouldn't, its a diagnostic tool, but thats what you want, to diagnose. I always used CCleaners one anyway :S didn't know that.
    check it on autoruns then.....

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Delete the first item that is listed and duplicated from Startup Control Panel then you can uncheck/untick what you want stopped from starting up.
    I do this a lot. Everytime a program updates, it adds itself again to the list. Just delete a duplicate entry and you can stop whatever you wish.

6. LauraR

So easy.

Thanks plodr

I actually tried that but figured it didn't work like that. I was trying to delete the path.:-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds