Startup delay for safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Good morning...
    Running XP Home SP3,
    Sometime int he past I made a concerted effort to speed up my startup, disabled unnecessary services, that type of thing. I seem to recall that I had a tweak UI type of do all utility that allowed me to reduce the part of the startup that gave me 8 seconds to push an F key to get into safe mode or BIOS. Now that I want to do that, I don't have enough time, maybe just a 1 second flash if anything, so I have to go through msconfig to get to safe mode.
    I would like to reset that 8 second delay, I would guess that there should be a registry entry that just requires the number of seconds be changed, but I have no idea where to find it. Can someone direct me to the correct entry?
    Part of the clean up was to uninstall all unnecessary programs so whatever utility I used to set it back in not on my computer now.

Thanks...

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, keni254...

TweakUI can be found in MS' PowerToys section, if you want it back...as far as the registry entry, if someone else here doesn't answer you, I'll get back to you when I get on one of my home machines...meanwhile, you might check out Registry Guide...

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds