Startup load order

Discussion in 'Software' started by _dinsdale_, Aug 22, 2006.

1. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

i hAVE xp SP2 I want to force the order of the startup docs so that my firewall loads before interent connection. The load order seems kinda random at the moment.

thanks in advance

Dins

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I want to force the order of the startup docs so that my firewall loads before internet connection. The load order seems kinda random at the moment. <<

If by "startup docs" you actually mean the applications and programs which start when the computer boots up...

There is a freeware program that you might find useful called Startup Delayer which allows users to specify which programs to start first and which ones to delay. Users can set a "custom delay" for each program, even drag the visual display graph which shows you exactly how your programs are starting and allows you to easily modify the order or adjust delay times.

Important Note: This program can be very useful; however it needs to be configured properly in order to function correctly. Therefore, a thorough read of the help files is necessary in order to learn how to use it properly and without any problems.

Also, you might have to try a few different start up order sequence combinations; because Windows can sometimes be a little touchy when you change this order, causing a much longer start-up time and/or cause some programs to either not function correctly or even cause your computer to crash afterwards.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  3. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Thanks I'll check it out.

dins

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds