Startup or Restart

Discussion in 'Software' started by BanC, Mar 3, 2004.

1. BanC

BanC Private E-2

Every time I start or restart my computer it automatically tries to log on to the internet. Just the dailup box comes up and starts dailing. Why is this and how can I stop it? As always thanks!!!

win98se
    192 mbs ram
    nvida tnt 64 graphic card
    1.2 ghz

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You done a scan for viruses/spyware recently? Do you have Ad-Aware installed?

You may need to change the properties for automatic dialing. You can get to this via start, settings control panel, dial up networking, right clicking on the connection then properties, and it should be in the dialog box that comes up in one of the tabs. :)

3. BanC

BanC Private E-2

Help

I do not have anything in control panel that says dail up networking. Is there somewhere else to look at? As always Thanks

4. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

One possibility is if you have Norton Internet Security installed is that it wants to check for its certificate - I had this dial-up connection dialog pop-up whenever I logged in and solved this by turning off the Internet Explorer setting and adjusting the connection setting. See here for details and advice: http://majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26417&highlight=maxwell+norton

If you have a Firewall, look at its log to what is attempting to connect.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds