Startup "Windows XP screen" frozen

Discussion in 'Software' started by fastback4, Sep 29, 2011.

1. fastback4

fastback4 Private E-2

This Toshiba laptop has no software what so ever and the Windows XP logo screen at startup is as far as it will boot to. The progress bar (?) running under the logo Windows XP runs from left to right but no windows boot. Best i know how to do is boot safe mode and the files stop loading at windows\system32\drivers\mup.sys.
    Can you all narrow down for me some solutions to few dozen to help get windows alive again? Thanks for the use of your knowledge

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Welcome to Majorgeeks! :)

Please give the model number of the Toshiba laptop.

It sounds like you are running XP. You have no Windows discs at all?
    No Toshiba discs?
    Do you have data that you need to save if a Toshiba factory restore (going back to out of box condition--loss of all personal files) is possible?

3. fastback4

fastback4 Private E-2

I'm sorry for my slow response but my son decided to "86" this tired old Toshiba and get himself a different laptop. Thanks for looking at my problem.....Tom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds