Static/Cracking noise frm Realtek HD audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avinash666, Jun 11, 2011.

1. avinash666

avinash666 Private E-2

hi there ..........

i have a new sony vaio vpcea46fg laptop ............. every time i play any audio from any source there is a static or cracking noise ............ i took it to the sony service center and they replaced the sound card and yet the problem persists.

the case is the same even through headphones as well as the speakers.
    i have also tried reinstalling the drivers .... still same issue.

looking for some help .....
    i have also uploaded an everest log

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. howiefix

howiefix Private E-2

Are u sure that the sound chip-set is not part of the mother board. Do u have the part number of the part that was changed at the service center?

3. avinash666

avinash666 Private E-2

thanks howiefix for ur reply....

sorry for a bit of wrong info there ........ they apparently changed my speakers and the the part where the head phones go into when i went to them with the problem ........... i am sure the sound chipset is a part of the motherboard .
    after doing some research i am guessing it might be a dpc latency issue ........
    i have used a dpc latency check frm here http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml ......... and there are some big spikes. not able to identify the driver causing the problem.

but i am not qualified enough to fix or understand these kinda problems !! hence i am looking for some help here.

thanks in advance !!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

This reads more like a bad connection than a DPC/latency issue, if you have Vista/W7, you could try using LatencyMon, it's easier to use as a troubleshooter.

5. avinash666

avinash666 Private E-2

i have used latency mon ..... it says my issues r frm ACPI.sys ..... i even disabled the acpi driver .... still the problrm persists !!

6. satrow

ACPI.sys = power driver, controls a lot of subsystems and best not to disable it; you can use Process Monitor to discover what else loads inside ACPI.sys, then you'll have a better chance of finding the real problem. With sound drivers, it's often a loaded sound-effect.

7. avinash666

avinash666 Private E-2

hey satrow ...........

process monitor is not letting me do any thing ie disable or suspend acpi.sys.

8. satrow

You don't want to suspend it, use the lower pane to list the dll's loaded by it, one of them will be part of the problem. You may need to run as Administrator to enable full functionality. UAC may also have some bearing on what you can do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds