status code -1073741482.The system will now shut down.)

Discussion in 'Software' started by malus38, Sep 21, 2009.

1. malus38

malus38 Private E-2

Hey guys,

I am having the same issue that I have seen a couple people have when trying to boot their computer.

When I turn my computer on, once it begings loading settings, I get an error message that says:

The system is shutting down.
    Please save all work in progress and log off.Any unsaved changes will be lost.
    This shut down was initiated by NT\AUTHORIYSYSTEM Time before shut down(then a countdown starts at 1:00)
    Message The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741482.The system will now shut down.)

So far the fixes that I have seen say to go to Start>Run>cmd and type in "shutdown -a". Unfortunatly, my computer is not far enough through the boot process to even have a Start menu. So.... I am required to boot in Safe Mode. I have followed all of the steps in both the "Read and Run ME First" and the "Windows XP Cleaning Procedure" threads and even downloaded all of the programs in the cleaning forum from a different computer and transferred and ran them on the affected computer. I am still having no luck, and my problem still persists. Are there any other alternitive actions that can be done, or has anyone figured out WHY this is happening and why it seems this issue didnt spring up on a lot of computers until early Sept 2009?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds