Stellar Phoenix questrion

Discussion in 'Software' started by houston1981, Jan 4, 2005.

1. houston1981

houston1981 Private E-2

Is anyone familiar with the partition recovery software? if so i hope someone can help me cause i am so stuck,...

My brand new 200 gig hard drive has become corrupted and i have been unable to use it. After resetting windows XP now says that it isn't formatted. Im assuming the partition table is corrupted. Ok now the problem is that it was formatted in a single 200 gig partition, but using Stellar Phoenix (amongst others) it now lists 5 separate logical partitions of various sizes.

Between these 5 logical partitions are all the 170gig of files that were on it before (which is a good sign). Now my question is this:

As i can only restore one of these logical partitions at a time, will this overwrite some of the files from the other partitions waiting to be recovered? and im not sure if it will write a different partition table for each partition recovered?

I hope someone can help me with some advice because i really can't loose this data.

2. best5

best5 Private E-2

Hello,

When you use such program, you suppose to have room enough to put restored files. Having 170G of data to restore from a 200G HDD, you need another 200G HDD. I don't know how Stellar Phoenix does its job, but I wish to warn you about this: besides data recovery, you're interested to get your data back as they were - I mean, organized in folders and subfolders and having the original names. You suppose to check out first this feature, restoring a few files...
    What I know for certain, GetDataBack works great. See a snapshot below.

regards,

Stefan

Attached Files:

3. houston1981

houston1981 Private E-2

Would you know of any program that can just search for the files, then restore the partition table on that drive, rather then restoring all the files to a different medium and copying them back over.

4. best5

best5 Private E-2

5. best5

best5 Private E-2

I cannot edit my previous message, so I add these details here:

You need to make first a W98 Boot Disk - I highly recommend it, because it's very fast, load all DOS CD-ROM drivers automatically and it's only 1.28MB in size. So, you can add
    Fix-CIH.exe to it. To A:\> prompt you just need to type fix-cih, in order to start this program.

6. houston1981

houston1981 Private E-2

Thanks for the advice but i tried that and it's only for FAT16 or FAT32 partitions. So i got an error about no recognized 32 bit partitions. :( Are there any such programs for NTFS?

Im so frustrated by this that im about ready to pack it in and live in a cave for a few years. BTW on the vein of Stellar Phoenix Recovery, it finds the majority of the files but all of them i recover are corrupted :(

7. best5

best5 Private E-2

Hello,

Yes, it is. As I mentioned beforehand, GetDataBack is the one I guess you ought to try. At this page you can download GDB for NTFS and also gdb_nt.chm - a very comprehensiv help document.

all the best

8. houston1981

houston1981 Private E-2

Sweet, thanks for all the recommendations, ill give it a try and get back

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds