Sticky keys or Filter keys or Somethng????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi! I don't recall what it's called, I think it was something like sticky keys or filter keys..........

If you press the right shift key down for 8 seconds it activates something. Every once in a while we accidently activate it, and causes everything to be hightlighted. I can't click on anything without it opening numerous folders.

The last time it happened, I removed the checkmark from (insert whatever it's called here) shortcut being acquainted with the right shift key. But then it activated again.

The only way that I can get it to go back to normal, is to do a system restore. That can be tricky as well, because the mouse doesn't work during that time and I have to use the arrow keys. Once I system restore it back to another time, everythings ok.

Can I deactivate this?
    :rolleyes:

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    Are you set up like this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    No checkmark in use filter keys.

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, mines set up exactly like your picture.
    Thank you so much for the visual example by the way!
    ;)

4. Toni_1947

Can you remember setting up any keyboard shortcuts in any other programs?
    Like Office or something?

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

No, I don't remember setting up any other shortcuts. I have WordPerfect Office 2000 that I rarly use and don't know too much about, lol.

I found this setting, if I take the checkmark out from "use shortcut", would that disable it? And maybe move the dot over to "Ignore repeated keystrokes"? Hey, did I just solve my dillema? lol (I didn't know how to get to this stuff without hitting the shift key. Now I know, it's under accessibility.)

Attached Files:

6. Toni_1947

Glory be! I DO believe it would!

7. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Should I try both? Or just the shortcut option?

8. Toni_1947

Nah...I have the second one checked. Just change the 'use shortcut' one.

9. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks soooooo much!
    :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds