still can't log onto sites requiring cookie use of javascript

Discussion in 'Software' started by essence, Jan 4, 2006.

1. essence

essence Private E-2

I was asked to post here after biggrrick did all he could making sure I did not have a virus or malware problem so all the standard steps are complete. This is my last post from the other thread.

Ok done, reset IEweb settings and security to default. Rebooted.
    Went to the following web page http://www.co.manatee.fl.us/

I can get to the home web page but I get 2 error messages.

Line:12
    Char:1
    Error: object expected
    code:0
    URL:http://www.co.manatee.fl.us/internet...gent&name=home

second message same page

Line:12
    Char:14
    Error: unterminated string constant
    code:0
    URL URL:http://www.co.manatee.fl.us/internet...nstatusrefresh

when I try to click on the permits link on the left I get the following error message, and the new page does not load.

Line: 1
    Char:1
    Error Object expected
    Code:0
    URL: URL:http://www.co.manatee.fl.us/internet...gent&name=home

I checked all the links on the left and get the same results
    This is the most important web page for me to access, I need it for work, Oh and when your in construction weather.com is a useful home page to have LOL.

also what do I do with the windows security window that pops up when I reboot the asks if I want to allow program: PDP RPC Server Publisher= device guys to access the web. I am not sure what this program is. Does it have anything to do with what your helping me with?

By the way Thanks again for all your help

Gurr also if I spent any significant length of time writing a post the web page bumps me back to the login screen and I have to rewrite or reattach everything don't know if this is some how related.

Ok software guys any ideas:confused: .

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. Robert

Robert Sergeant

I don't use IE (Opera generally and sometimes FireFox) but i went to the first site you mentioned and had no trouble using Opera to click on the links on the site. Have a look at the numerous options in IE - there must be one there that is disabling what you want to do. Hopefully the IE experts will be able to give you a faster leg up!
    Cheers
    Robert

3. essence

essence Private E-2

Update, I was checking firewalls and thought I had turned on windows firewall as it turns out when I turned off CA EZarmor fire wall I had no problem accessing the web pages I need. Now the concern is how do I repair EZarmor and in the interm I am not sure that windows firewall is running correctly because the icon in my lower tool bar is a shield with a red x but when I open teh security center it says that at least one of the firewalls installed is currently on (note I turned off ezarmor after reboot) here are the current issues I feel I need help in correcting.
    1) fix ezarmor
    2) or use windows firewall (need recommendations on this one) and if so how do I change settings so I have the green shield with the check mark
    3) fix windows start up to not load certian programs like lexmark 125 and instant messanger at startup without using selective start up (I was asked to turn off selective startup on previous thread)
    Any advice will be helpful
    Thanks again

4. essence

essence Private E-2

oh and at boot up I am still getting the windows security alert asking if I want to block the following

Name: PDP RPC Server
    Publisher: Device Guys

Does anyone know what this is, I just keep clicking ask me later so it is temp. blocked.

Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds