***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crywolf, Jun 6, 2012.

1. crywolf

crywolf Private E-2

Hello

Im trying to install a new win xp on my desktop. But it comes up with a blue screen with the error saying about windows has detected a problem and has shut down to stop harm to the pc. Also ive formatted all my drives only have one windows will install to.

Tech info :

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

anyone know how to fix?

thanks

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Sounds like your Going to have to fully format your HD that you want windows to load up on and restart the process all over again.Best thing to do in that issue

3. crywolf

crywolf Private E-2

i loaded up win 7 to do format and then tryed xp again but didnt work is that what u mean or what?

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

This error is usually given by XP if you are trying to install it on a system with a SATA drive as XP does not have native SATA drivers on the install disk. If you have a SATA drive you can change from AHCI to IDE mode in BIOS. This should work. Performance may be a little slower. The other option is to slipstream your SATA drivers into an XP install disk using Nlite.

Edit: if your computer has a floppy drive, you can install the drivers using the F6 method during install.

5. crywolf

crywolf Private E-2

i thought this was gonna work then i looked and it was already set to IDE :(, what else did u mean about split screen ? im a dummy hahah

6. tgell

That should have worked. In BIOS, what was the setting? Did it say something like SATA mode or SATA/RAID mode? Another thing, is your XP install disk SP2 or SP3? That may also be the problem if you are using a XP without a service pack or SP1.

When I said slipstream. You would have to download a program called Nlite and add the necessary SATA drivers to the install disk, then burn another CD with the SATA drivers installed. Nlite needs .NET in order to run.

But first determine what SP your install disk has. It should say on the root of the CD in the readme file. you should also see some files with a SP extension.

7. crywolf

crywolf Private E-2

Hi Ive tryed XP Sp1 and sp3 both says the same thing with the blue screen.
    the bios is like 10 years old i couldnt see anything what u said only has the drivers and the IDE aswell.

8. tgell

What is the make and model of the computer? If it is a custom built, what is the make and model of the motherboard?

If the BIOS is 10 years old, I am not sure if this computer has SATA drivers. When you open the computer, is the cable connected to the hard drive a wide grey cable or small red cable.

[​IMG]

9. crywolf

crywolf Private E-2

ive formatted it before with no problems its all sata conections im on a different pc with the hd install to it to see if i can try something else?

10. tgell

What is the make and model of the desktop computer that gave the error? Do you mean that you installed XP on the desktop computer before with no problems? The install disk you used may have had the correct drivers included especially if it was a OEM install disk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds