STOP 21a after uninstalling malware removal apps, what now?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hankyknot, Jun 5, 2009.

1. hankyknot

hankyknot Corporal

Had a machine riddled with viruses. Followed the instructions on here on how to clean it and everything worked fine.

Until I uninstalled the applications.

Now the PC wont start.

I get the following BSOD

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.

Tried a repair install, no joy.
    Tried the side-by-install and registry stuff that MS recommend and when I load the old hive none of the settings they talk about appear.

So once again I'm crying out for help from those who may not have been there and done that but have been here and done this and emerged a tad fraught but smiling nonetheless.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

you probably could try running the chkdsk /p command in the recovery console:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654
    there are directions on how to boot from a windows cd and get to recovery console.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds