stop error 0x7b and 0xf4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ariko, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ariko

ariko Private E-2

I'm getting 2 kinds of stop error codes: 0x7b and 0xf4
    the whole text in the blue screen are described below:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
    If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed (there hasn't been
    any new software or hardware installed in a long time). If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
    manufacturerfor any windows updates you might need.
    If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory
    options such as caching or shadowing. ( I don't know how to do this).
    If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable componets, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced
    Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode. (I have started in safe mode but didn't know which components to disable or remove.)

Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x000000F4 ***STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003,0x81A4C4D8,0x81A4C64C,0x805FA7A8).

Beginning dump of physical
    memory. Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

>And the other 0x7b error under technical information says:
    ** STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf7980528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    -I'm not sure of the last 2 parameters, nor the correct sequence of those parameters in the brackets, for that i'd have to reproduce the error by powering up the pc again. Not now, next time I'll give the specifics.

>To solve this, is there a "registry fix" type of software(free of sypware) that i could download?. I came accross a product namely registry fix, which claims to fix these automatically, but don't know if it's a rogue tool.
    FYI, i'm running winxp professional

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds